SPHERIC maintains two databases of SPH literature:
- easy to browse and search
- anybody can add new references instantly
- anybody can tag references with keywords, to enhance searching
- accessible for non-BibTex users
- can import existing BibTex files
- can export BibTex and EndNote files (BibTex keys and keywords are preserved)
A SPHERIC group has been opened on CiteULike, and the bibliography there is freely accessible (without a login). If you register with a CiteULike account, you can join the SPHERIC group and easily share your own references with other researchers. CiteULike's "Install a browser button" feature is highly recommended.
If you have new references for inclusion in the bibliography, please post them or email them to Prof. Antonio Souto Iglesias if you have any doubt on how to proceed.
By using Mendeley, we aim at offering an up-to-date and organised digital collection of references to published literature about SPH method, latest developments and applications. The SPH Mendeley bibliographic database can be consulted freely by anyone having a Mendeley account.
For any information, request or question related to this SPH-based Mendeley database, please contact Dr Corrado Altomare.
New Wikipedia entry on SPH: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoothed-particle_hydrodynamics
- G R Liu: Mesh Free Methods - Moving Beyond the finite element method, 712 pages, CRC Press, 2002, ISBN: 0849312388.
- G R Liu & M B Liu: Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics: A Meshfree Particle Method, 472 pages, World Scientific, 2003, ISBN: 981-238-456-1.
- Li, Shaofan, Liu, Wing K: Meshfree Particle Methods, 502 pages, Springer, 2004, ISBN: 3-540-22256-1.
- D Violeau: Fluid Mechanics and the SPH Method - Theory and Applications, 616 pages, Oxford University Press, 2012, ISBN: 10: 0199655529.
- International Journal of Numerical Methods in Fluids (IJNMF).
- International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering (IJNME).
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (CMAME).
- Journal of Computational Physics (JCP).
- Computers & Fluids (CAF).
- Computer Physics Communications (CPC).
2010: “SPH for free-surface flows”, Journal of Hydraulic Research, Volume 48, S1, 2010.
Editors: Moncho Gomez-Gesteira, Benedict D. Rogers, Damien Violeau, Jose Maria Grassa, Alex Crespo
2016: “Particle Methods for Flow Modeling In Ocean Engineering“, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy, Volume 2, Issue 3, 2016.
Editors: Peter K. Stansby, Qingwei Ma
Upcoming Special Issues
2018: "Theoretical, numerical and computational advances of the SPH method for solving fluid problems", Computers & Fluids
Editors: David Le Touzé, Steven Lind, Renato Vacondio, Alex Crespo
2018: "SPH for Coastal and Ocean Engineering", Coastal Engineering Journal
Editors: Hitoshi Gotoh, Abbas Khayyer
2018: "Particle-based Methods: Fundamentals and Applications", Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements
Editor: Moubin Liu